Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Tradition

It started as a simple way to pass the time.

I picked Addysen up from school one afternoon and needed to think of something to do for an hour before we went back to school to attend Mommy & Me Night. (which I just realized that I never blogged about. We had fun, drew a picture of us and made a necklace!)

I decided to pass the time at Golden Spoon, which is down the street from Addysen's school. Golden Spoon is a frozen yogurt store; a treat that both Addy and I really enjoy. Ever since that day, this Golden Spoon has been dubbed the "School Day Ice Cream Store".

Occasionally when I pick Addy up from school and she's had a rough day, I take her to the school day ice cream store. This is two-fold treat, ice cream and mommy, as she is usually picked up from school by daddy.

For the past few Tuesdays, Addysen has requested that "mom"--that's my new name now--picks her up from school day, and that I take her to our favorite little hang out.

And I oblige, willingly, of course.

She and I sit outside at a table, under a shade tree, eating our frozen yogurt and chocolate chip cookie dough topping, and talk about our day.

One of Life's Sweet little treats!

1 comment:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Too cute. And I LOVE they new blog layout, button, header, everything! Great colors, and it's actually a lot easier to read. :)