Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Beach Day

One lovely Saturday afternoon, sometime in June, my and brother stopped by to pick up Addysen for a sleepover.

It was so nice to be able to have some time to pick up the house, have it stay clean over night and be able to have my whole side of the bed to myself, rather than the 6 inches of bed I get to sleep on each night (with a chubby little Addy leg draped over me).

Addysen had a nice time as well. She spent the afternoon with her Grimpster, Ryan and Laurie at Huntington Beach and then had dinner, ice cream and got to stay in her room at my parents house.

Addy loves the beach! I knew she should have taken her bathing suit, but they were going just to hang out and maybe put their feet in the water. Addy ended up soaking wet and my mom got her capri's fairly wet as well.


They danced around on the shoreline, with Addy singing "We found the beeeeaacch!" I believe the US Open was going on at Huntington Beach that weekend, so the beach was crowded with surfers and spectators, which led them to taking a long time to find a less crowded portion of the beach.

They made sandcastles. Ryan attempted to fly a kite (see backdrop)


and they hunted for seashells, which Addysen and I glued on to painted picture frames for Grimmie and Grampie as birthday gifts!

No comments: