Its only been a week of catalog dreaming and already Addysen is the proud owner of one of the three dress up costumes that she's been hoping to purchase. I'm not one to cater to instant gratification as I'd like to instill the value of money and saving into my daughter's upbringing.
But it was necessary to go purchase the Ariel dress as we had a soon-to-expire coupon for Toys R Us. Addysen also had a gift card from her birthday in order to make her purchase. Oh and might as well beat the Halloween rush, right!
I took Addy to Toys R Us last night and we picked out Addysen's Ariel costume. We ALMOST had two of the dresses from the wish list, a Snow White dress, but there was a huge discrepancy with the price and we decided not to make the purchase. Needless to say, Toys R Us should do a better job at pricing their items. Anyways......
At the register, Addy proudly gave the cashier her coupon and her gift card and was so excited to gather up her purchase. She's very excited about her Ariel dress.
Have I ever mentioned the story about the coupon? I signed Addysen up for "Geoffrey the Giraffe's birthday club" and lo and behold, Geoffrey sent Addysen a birthday card this year with a coupon! Addy opened up the card, immediately pulled the coupon, which looked like a gift card, out of the card and her face just lit up. She gave me this huge hug and said something to the effective of "this is incredible". I've never seen anyone so happy to receive a coupon from a giraffe!
Back to the store......as we were walking up to the registers, we walked passed an end cap and I stopped right in my tracks when I saw this:
BARBIE AND THE ROCKERS!
Are you kidding me?
I used to play with Barbie & the Rockers! My rockin' Barbie is tucked away in my stash of Barbies to be passed down to my daughter, a box that resides in my parents very organized garage. Mind you, I cut her hair. I think she was the only doll I ever cut the hair off of, so she looks different now. But really, it seem seems like just yesterday when I played with my Babrie and the Rockers doll, complete with a cassette tape of her concert! Has it been that long that dolls from my childhood are making a comeback? Am I that old?
**Don't answer that; its rhetorical!**


No comments:
Post a Comment