Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Down on the Farm

A whole weekend of "farm" themed fun was had the second weekend in August.
**and yes, I am so behind in blogging**

On Saturday, August 8th, Andy & I took Addysen to her very first minor league baseball game. The Lake Elsinore Storm is the farm team for the Padres, I believe.


Its about time we took her to a game, considering that Andy and I have both played/worked in the minors! This game delivered all of the fun you can expect from a minor league game: cheap tickets **behind the plate, no less**, giveaways, a great game,

cheap ballpark food, including Dipping Dots,

in between innings stunts, such as this gorilla who went over to the other team and taunted the players. The opposing players retaliated by throwing water balloons at the gorilla, and Addysen laughed so hard at this stunt.

Oh and the smart car, let's not forget that. Andy really wants a smart car! Hello, you're 6'5"! But he insists that he fit like a glove in this car. Here he is with the "new" Ryan, his fellow teammate on the Diablos. Addy calls him the "new" Ryan because she already has a Ryan, my brother.



The next day, we made our annual trek to the Orange County fair.

We really enjoyed the funnel cake,

successfully attempted the pony rides (unlike last year)

....and even threw in an elephant ride!


We saw all there was to see at the fair: the pigs, cows, goats, horses. Addysen petted a baby rooster (I have pics of this but figured I've uploaded enough pics)
I leave you with some before and after shots from the trip to the fair 2007 and 2009.

2 comments:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

You go, Andy! Get the SmartCar!! I'll go for a drive with you!

Andy, Amy & Addysen said...

Oh NO! Do NOT encourage the Smart car. Andy is thisclose to having his truck paid for and he's itching to get something else. There's something to be said for no car payment!