Addy is doing very well developmentally. She is SUCH a smart little girl (I'm allowed to brag right?) Addy still jabbers on in long sentences that certainly aren't English so we don't understand what the heck she means. Her vocabulary is slowly increasing and she is starting to say words that we understand. Plus she responds to us and we swear she actually says real things....which may be a sign of things to come. Her main form of communication is via "Addysen sign language". She'll pat her head if someone has a hat on, she shows me her teeth and pretends to brush her teeth when she is in the bathroom so we know that she wants to brush her teeth. Most of this sign language is self-taught but she also picks up some things that she sees people do and uses those actions as her signs. For instance, when we read her book and it has elephants in it, I will put my hand up on my nose and pretend that I have an elephant trunk and make the noise that an elephant makes; Addysen has now picked that up and uses that sign when she sees an elephant. I know speech will come soon as she understands EVERYTHING she just isn't verbalizing it yet!
Addysen loves to dance, especially to Barney songs. She has recently learned how to blow kisses and says" MWAH" when she blows kisses. And she's picked up this thing where she'll run for person to person and give them big hugs; its darling! She is such a sweet little girl.
Also, Addysen is slowly starting to be potty trained! She has gone pee-pee on the potty twice now. We still have to get her off of the bottle (UGH!) which is not a fun chore, but I think potty training might get easier once she is off of the bottle. She only does milk in the bottle and she only has 3 a day but its time to make the bottle go buh-bye!
I can't seem to think of anything else Addysen is doing now. It seems that every time I drop her off at the Hohenstein's, I am telling them about the new things she's learned at the Hamilton's and visa versa, so she learns new things weekly. If I think of anything else....you know I'll put it up on the blog. :)
Addy on the phone and with pretty barretts in her hair.
Addysen stayed up until midnight on New Years Eve to welcome in the New Year (we couldn't believe it either) and then she had her milk and passed out!

1 comment:
Love the update, keep 'em coming!!
Post a Comment