Monday, March 8, 2010

Bishop Trip

Eventually we had to take Karsen back home.

Along with my in-laws, Andy, Addy and I headed up to Bishop to take Karsen home. I think the kids loved being together in the very back of the Tahoe. Andy and I sure enjoyed the fact that they entertained each other. We took advantage of it and both spend time reading during the 4 hour drive. It was during this trip that Andy and I participated in a little friendly competition to see who could finish reading "Dear John" first. He stole the book from me a few nights before, just as I was about to begin reading it. He got to read it on the way up highway 395. But I finished it first, stealing it while he napped! Side note: Dear John is a great book! I really enjoy Nicholas Sparks books.

After spending the night at my brother/sister-in-law's home, we woke up and decided to take a trip back in the mountains to play in the snow. Karsen wasn't really having it, and went back to the car a little after we arrived to nap.

It's hard to get a picture of these two together. One is always moving or not paying attention. Sorry that K's eyes are closed.

We tried sledding but the silly sled broke after two times down the hill. So we decided to play in the snow instead.

Bob and Andy played catch with snowballs (when Andy wasn't throwing them at his dad)

Addy gathered up the snowballs and we dug hole in the snow to make "bowls for her meatballs". She's so clever sometimes. Its nice to know that she doesn't need expensive toys in order to be entertained; rather, she uses her free imagination.



We set up some snow pins and Andy knocked them down with his snow bowling ball.


After the snow, we came home and napped for a bit. Then we headed out to the Elk's Lodge for a February fish and chips and coleslaw dinner. My sister-in-laws parents are active members of the local Elk's lodge. Dinner was excellent! Addy thought so too, eating french fries and icecream for dinner!

This is a picture that Addy and I took of us in the ladies restroom!

After dinner, we retreated to the game room, where the real fun was had. K and his Grandpa Steve taught Addy how they like to play pool: sans pool cues!

Simply gather the pool balls in front of you and roll them into a pocket of your choosing.

Since she was too big to sit on top of the table, Addy played from the side of the pool table.


Her self proclaimed "Game Face"!


One of my all time favorite pictures!

One of the newest additions to the Elk's Lodge: the Wii. Addy impressed everyone with her bowling skills.

We had an enjoyable visit in B-town.

No comments: