We were so excited to go see UP in the movie theaters.
The Disney Channel, which is frequently watched in our household, played clips and clips of the movie UP and Addy was just so excited to see it. The dog was very funny and Addysen and I had an "inside joke" where we would quote a line from Dug the dog "SQUIRREL!"
Addysen has been to the movies before with her Grandma Debbie, but this would be the first movie Andy and I would have taken Addy to. Exciting!
The big day arrived a few Sundays ago. We drove to the theatre, purchased the popcorn (although we smuggled in drinks) and picked out perfect aisle seats (for potty breaks, of course). And then the credits started. Fifteen minutes later Addysen wanted to know when UP was going to come on; the credits were way too long.
The movie starts out slow, and I'll admit that the content of the beginning of the movie is not something that a 2 1/2 year old can comprehend. I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone, so I won't divulge any further details, but Addy just didn't get it. She began to shift around in her seat and got very bored, "Where is the dog momma?". At one point, I caught Addysen not paying attention at all and Andy had his eyes close, on the brink of snoring.
I really liked UP. Cute movie, very cute story, but its not really a kids movie. Even as we walked out of the theatre there were children who looked between 7-10 years of age who mentioned that they didn't get most parts.
So now we look forward to seeing Ice Age 3 at the movies. Although I am afraid it may be a bit scary, at least it will be a little more kid friendly.....I hope!


No comments:
Post a Comment