Thursday, March 12, 2009

ONE HUNDRED!

That's right readers, this is my 100th post on this blog!
An accomplishment, I guess. And I've been wondering how to best blog about/celebrate this accomplishment.
If this were a television sitcom, I'd have a giant cake in the shape of a 100 and the cast would take a bow at the end.
I polled my friends on Facebook to see what they would suggest, which result in some humorous dialogue. And then it hit me.....
HUMOR!
That will be the premise of my 100th post.
I can't very well list out 100 funny things about Addysen; okay I could if I wrote them all down and had the time to blog about them (but I don't). Instead, I'm just going to recite some of the funny things that Addysen has said recently and hope to bring
100% of funny your way.
So here goes......
*I was looking at the grocery ads on Tuesday, as I always do so I can find good deals, and Addysen was helping me. She pointed out that "Cados are on sale momma" and she was right, avocados on sale at Henry's for 49 cents a piece. I followed that up with "hey, look, 4 lbs of asparagus for $5" and without missing a beat, Addysen exclaims "You've GOT to be kidding?!"
*We were coloring a few nights ago while watching TV and Addysen decides she is going to take marker and color her daddy's toenails. I let her and so did Andy because it kept her occupied. Addysen turns to me, with a excited look and says "Look momma, I'm coloring da-duh's toes", and then her face got serious and she says "....and this can't be a problem!" HA!
She has been delivering this line for a little over a week now...."and this can't be a problem!" I don't know where she heard it, school perhaps. I have no idea in what context she heard it either. But it is soooooooo funny when she says it.
*While getting All Dolled Up Addysen grabs a hair brush and tells me that she "needs to get the mouses out of my hair"! It took me a second, because what did mice have to do with hair. And then it hit me, rats! "Do you need to get the rats out of mommy's hair, Addysen?" in which she replied "Yeah, you have lots of rats momma". I kind of wish I hadn't corrected her because she uses the proper word now; Mouses was really cute!
*Kids get cuts, bruises, etc on them and sometimes you don't know how it happened. A few weeks ago, Addysen had a red bump on her leg and we don't know how it happened; looked like a spider bite or infected hair to me. Andy and I called it a pimple at first and that stuck with Addysen. So the next day Addysen gets up in the morning and asks me "Will you look at my nipple mommy?" I shot a confused look at her, not understanding, then realized she was rubbing her leg and the little red bump. A day later, she asked Uncle Ryan the same thing!
AND FINALLY....
*We were walking back from the mailbox, looking at the airplanes in the sky, when all of the sudden Addysen falls face first onto the asphalt. It was so sad, the poor little thing cried so hard and had some scrapes all over her hands and knees. So we had to go tell daddy that she fell on the asphalt. We went to the grocery store right after that and Addy was walking around with her elbows to her side and her hands up, as if she were drying her nails, asking every 5 seconds "Will my hands get better?". :( I know, that's not funny; this part is!
So we went somewhere, either to the Hohenstein's or to my parents, I don't remember where this happened (I just turned 30 okay, give me a break) and Addy just has to show off her hands and tell the story.
Addy to her family members:" Look, I hurt my hands"
Family members: "How did you hurt your hands Addysen?"
Addysen: " I fell on the ass!"
This is one of those parenting moments when you CAN NOT help but bust out laughing when you really shouldn't!
But at the same time, I realized my poor choice of words when initially telling the story in front of Addysen.
Note to self: call it the black top next time, not Asphalt!
What's worse, Addysen took that story to school! I'm not kidding.
We walk in to school Monday morning after this event occurred and her captive audience awaited her. There were the preschool director, assistant director and her former teacher Miss Kate (they switched teachers mid-year) hanging out in the front office and Addysen started into her story.
"I hurt my hands"
In unison "Awww! How did you hurt your hands?"
And loud and clear, "I fell down on the ass"
I have never seen Christian school teachers laugh so hard. Immediately I explained that she fell on the asphalt, but oh my goodness, they just laughed!
Addysen, whether you are trying to be or not, you are a quick witted, FUNNY kid!
(Insert our bows & curtseys here)

3 comments:

The Savvy Moms Guide said...

I finally signed up friend just so that I could tell you how very much I have enjoyed reading all 100of your blogs. Your witt and wisdom are always so engaging and I walk away after every read with a smile on my face. Today was no exception, Addysen through your words made me laugh, so you brought Humor into my day! Thanks...and I can not wait to read 100 more. xoxoxo

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

100% LOL. :)

Mockabee Seven said...

Hey Amy, of course I remember you! What a beautiful little girl you have!. Love the ass part, lol.