Thursday, October 23, 2008

Toddler Talk

Addysen is certainly coming up with some clever comments these days. Here is a snippet of the silly things she says:

"No bath, Amy!"---- there's nothing like a two year old!

"Yes, Sir"---- while playing "doctors office, now, mommy!", I asked if her baby had several symptoms, and this was her reply to each question. She picked this up from her grandpa Bob. She then decided to use that line for everything, which made me feel like some drill sergeant mom. "Addy, do you want a drink?" "Yes, sir"! Here's hoping she doesn't say this in public. :)

"Nope"---- instead of "no" these days. I think she picked this one up at school.

"Mommy work, Addy?"---- in response to mommy having to go to work; Addy wants to go to mommy's work too.

"Oh, what's that?"----when she hears or sees something that she doesn't recognize. For example, Andy was whistling at us last night and she was curious what that sound was.

"Guys!"----everyone is guys. "Eat, guys", "Rosie's, guys", meaning let's play ring around the Rosie's.

I promise to empty my camera so that I can record a new movie and post on here soon so you can witness the witty retorts for yourself. Her increasing vocabulary continues to amaze us!

2 comments:

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Oh my gosh, I'm LOL. The first one is the best! I think it's hilarious when tots call their parents by their first names. What a riot. I want to squeeze her.

Susie Q said...

Just be lucky that her comments are still G-rated and really cute