Monday, September 8, 2008

River Trip



Over the Labor Day holiday, we went to the river in Blythe, CA, and stayed with our friends Jeff & Brianna, Kendall & Kale van Lierop at their river house. For those of you who don't know, Blythe is just before the California/Arizona border off of Interstate 10. This river is very quite and peaceful, not like some of the other rivers that most people go to.
Jeff and Bri were awesome hosts, and we really enjoyed a relaxing weekend. We even had thunderstorms one night! Addysen had a great time! She was so in to Kendall and Kale, who are 15 month old twins. She also enjoyed playing with all of the other kids that stayed with us, who ranged in ages 3-9 years. Addysen took to the river like a pro, swimming in the water, riding in the boat with a life jacket, and all of the other fun times that come with river trips. She even took a nap on the boat! SCORE!
You'll notice the picture of us sitting at the bar. The van Lierop's have sort of a sun room, a screened in patio where they have a bar set up. Addysen and I decided to go sit out in this room and have a "Coke" as she likes to call it. I needed a daily Dr. Pepper and she had part of one. I know, I'm a bad mom giving my kid Dr. Pepper. We were bonding! :) Anyways, if you look closely you'll notice that there are pictures on the bar of everyone wearing this infamous helmet. I have one, Andy has one, but they are from a river trip a few years ago (might I add that I was so skinny in my picture!). Well, since it was Addysen's first trip, she had to take a picture with the helmet and her picture will be lacquered onto the bar soon! It's a fun little tradition that the van Lierop's have started. They certainly were gracious hosts!
Sadly we left early, I could have stayed much longer. But we had to get home and see Karsen (see previous post). Enjoy a few pictures from our trip.

No comments: