Thursday, May 22, 2008

Allyson Jayne Teter

December 15, 1976-May 18, 2008
My cousin Allyson went home to be with the Lord this past Sunday after putting up one heck of a battle against Multiple Sclerosis for 7 years. Allyson was an absolutly amazing witness for Christ, always reflecting His glory in all she did. And throughout her life, she was such an example of faith, and the best part was that her faith never faultered! My life would not have been the same without her in it, and will never be the same now that she's gone to be with Jesus. I've learned so much from Allyson, and will continue to learn from her as I think on her life. I can only pray that I can continue on her legacy and follow her example of faith and courage. I know that Allyson is now free from the grip of MS, and is dancing and singing in heaven!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy this makes me so sad! You have a great mind frame about the situation though and that's all that you can do. Sometimes it's better to give up the fight and go to the Lord! We will continue to pray for your family!

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Wow. And I totally remember when she was diagnosed. Amy, I'm so happy she's not in pain anymore, but I am so sorry that you now are. Thanks for sharing this post.