Andy and Bob had Monday, February 11th off of work because of the President's holiday, so I decided to take the day off as well and we took Addysen to her first trip to the snow. We went to Running Springs, a small little town on the way to Lake Arrowhead. The last time Addysen was there, she was only a few weeks old and went on her first fishing trip (August 2006). The car trip up to the mountains was fairly short and as we made our way up the mountain, the tempurature dropped from 72 degrees to 52 degrees. The sky was clear, it really wasn't cold---sweatshirt weather, yet we got to enjoy a very deep snow pack. We stopped off at a snowed in camp ground and were one of two families playing in the snow.
As soon as we got out of the truck and put on our "snow gear"--read: gloves and beanies-- Addysen was so excited and immediatley ate snow. How did she know how to that? I don't know, again, I'm not braggin' but I think our kid is pretty darn smart! Of course we had to teach her to eat the white snow!
I attempted to make snow man, but I'm from California and I don't really know how to do it. Bob and Andy made some good snow balls, but we decided to take a picture next to a snow man that someone else left there for us.
After sitting in the back of the truck and eating sandwiches that we packed, we decided to hit the snow again. The nice family that was also up at the camp ground with us asked if we would like to use their sleds. So, Andy took Addysen down the snow slope a few times on the sled lent to us by the nice family. I actually thought of buying one, but since the other family was generous enough to lend us the sled, we thought "why not!". And she loved it! See the video below.
Addysen also enjoyed throwing snow up in the air, attempting to throw snow balls and she laughed when a snowball was thrown at her. Sorry about this video---sometimes I forget and take a sideways video knowing that I don't know how to turn the video around once I upload it. Any techies out there who want to help, please do. So you'll have to turn your head to watch this video but its worth it.
We had snow much fun that day!! In fact, Addysen threw one of her little mini-fits (as I like to call them) as we peeled off her wet clothes, put her into dry clothes and loaded her into the truck; she didn't want to leave all of the fun.
PS--If you click on the pictures you can make them bigger!
1 comment:
So cute! I love watching her have a good time! She seems so happy all the time. BTW - I've done the sideways video thing before too. It's not possible to turn it, as far as I know.
Post a Comment