Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Time

We had a very busy weekend enjoy Christmas time festivities! Addysen and I spent Saturday morning baking sugar cookies for the boat parade that we were going to on Sunday. Addy loved helping bake the cookies....she floured, she rolled and she even stamped out her own cookie. She ate some dough in the process as well (girl after my own heart). Here is the picture of her bear cookie that she made all by herself....she though it was very tasty!




On Sunday, my mom, Addysen and I went to Downtown Disney to do a little shopping at the Disney store and found a lot more to do while we were there. First we paid a visit to a giant statue of Mickey Mouse at the Disneyland Hotel. Addysen went nuts! She LOVES to watch Mickey and Friends on TV. I can't imagine how thrilled she will be to meet Mickey in person when we take her to Disneyland. You can click on the pictures below to make them bigger. Here are Addysen and I in front of Mickey, and Addysen giving Mickey a high-five.


We stopped by the giant Christmas tree that was in Downtown Disney for a photo op. Addysen and I posed by an "A" block and Addy and Grimmie posed near the toy solider and the nutcracker.

This Christmas tree was SO MUCH TALLER than all of us, but Addysen looked so small as she looked up at the tree; even the fake presents were bigger than she was.


And then we hit the Build-a-Bear store so that Grimmie could help Addysen build a reindeer. Addysen chose the girl deer (should I call her a doe??). She wasn't to happy that we had to wait in line to build this deer, err, doe, but she was so excited to finally get to the "stuffing station" to build her reindeer. Addy got to step on the pedal and fill her doe with stuffing to bring her to life. Then she picked out a heart for her, gave the heart a kiss and stuffed the heart into the reindeer. Again, if you click on the pics below, you can get a bigger view of them.



We ended Sunday by going down to East Lake in Yorba Linda with Grimmie and Grampie Hamilton, Uncle Ryan, Grandma & Grandpa Hohenstein, and of course Andy, Addy and I to see the annual Christmas boat parade. It wasn't very long this year which was disappointing. But it was so cold out it was nice that we didn't stay outside for too long. Addysen loved seeing all of the lights. She especially liked the boat decorated with penguins wearing Santa Hats; she patted her head to tell us that they were wearing hats just like she was. And I think the sugar cookies we made were a hit!

PS---Can you believe how much Addysen has grown up since the boat parade last year??? She has on the same hat (her Minnie ears)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the blog Amy! You're so good at keeping this up. You are definitely Superwoman, don't know where you find the time! Merry Christmas to you and the family. I'd love to get together, maybe right after Christmas, and visit. Chuck E Cheese in Corona?